Manager Brand Partnerships (all genders) – UMG For Brands – Universal Music Switzerland
Universal Music is the market leader in the music business. Our labels include the best-known brands in the music world. Home to countless local and international artists, Universal Music stands for over 100 years of music history from all genres. We owe our success to our love of music, unique artists, and our great team.
The UMG For Brands division builds cultural relevance for Brands by connecting them the music world, it’s Artists, and their Fans. We do so by parleying the exceptional power of our Talents, the emotional impact of their music, and their organic reach with their Fans to create unique brand experiences consumers. To this end, we develop creative concepts, license content, and advise our brand clients on the optimal use of entertainment as an instrument in brand positioning and communication.
Universal Music for Brands is looking for its new ManagerBrand Partnerships (all genders) in Zurich. To succeed, the candidate must be strategic, creative, detail orientated, autonomous. This is permanent full- time position available immediately.
- Grow UMGB client portfolio by identifying, developing, and securing new business opportunities and potential business growth-areas throughout the Swiss market for both local and global brands
- Develop strategic and creative brand partnership concepts; accordingly, you will be responsible for the preparation of offers, creation of presentations and the achievement of sales transactions with brands and agencies
- Conduct negotiations with artist managements and as well as with brands and their external service providers
- Deliver best in class music marketing programs/projects that support Brand strategies and objectives
- Proactively manage and grow existing client relationships
- Day to day tracking and project management
- Continuous market and brand trend analysis
- Reporting, contract handling, rights clearing, maintain budgets and communications.
- University degree or comparable education with a focus in marketing, communication, advertising and/or sales
- A minimum of 4 years work experience in the communication/agency field
- A proven sales/new business development track-record
- An existing network of relevant brand and agency contacts in Switzerland
- Bilingual in English and German is mandatory
- Advanced writing skills
- Outstanding presentation building and oral communication skills
- Past experience within in the music landscape
- Proficiency in French
- Have a passion for music and profoundly believe in its power to create brand cultural relevance
- Be sales-driven, enthusiastic, and tireless, you get excited closing a deal, and your customers appreciate and trust working with you
- Understand a brand’s pain-points and communication needs and be able to translate them into value-matching brand partnership opportunities
- Be a team-player able to co-operate and work in multi-disciplinary, international environment where deadlines are met systematically
- Be solution-driven and always showing a high degree of initiative, capacity to work autonomously, and think innovatively and strategically
- Manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively
- Convince and inspire with excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
- As a people person, you always maintain a professional and positive attitude
And this is how we are:
- Music is emotion, creativity, adventure, tradition and innovation at the same time - as a team we pursue the common goal of constantly advancing the Universal Music project
- Diversity, mutual appreciation and tolerance - both human and musical - are essential for us, and diversity and inclusion are constantly supported and promoted by People & Culture and our Better Together initiative.
- We live open communication and grow together - to this end, we meet at eye level with a "you" across all hierarchies
- In our business, it is important to make good decisions quickly: we count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
- Together we take responsibility, even beyond our day-to-day business, which is why we are actively committed to more sustainability and environmental protection with our Sustainability Workgroups
Our benefits - because you are important to us:
- Diversity, mutual appreciation, and tolerance – both personally and musically –are essential for us, and diversity and inclusion are constantly supported and promoted by People & Culture.
- We live open communication and grow together – to this end, we meet at eye level with a "you" across all hierarchies
- In our business, it is important to make good decisions quickly: We count on proactive employees who think ahead and find uncomplicated solutions
Please apply with your detailed application documents (cover letter, CV and certificates with a maximum of 10 MB per file) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!